Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 24

Let's talk diet, annual review meeting, and then the mushy stuff!

Ryan didn't want to eat dinner tonight. He remembered we had a leftover piece of cake in the fridge and he spent about an hour whining for it. Even my two-year old commented that he was "cranky". On the way home he told me he wanted soup for dinner. So I made him soup with some GF broth and GF elbow pasta. But as soon as I put the bowl down in front of him, he didn't want it. We offered him several other options but he kept whining for the cake. Julia finished dinner and ate her cake, and the tears poured out. I felt so bad watching him cry. He was craving sweets! I didn't want to give in and make him think he was going to get cake every time he refused to eat dinner and cried. So I told him if he took his medicine he could have his cake. He immediately got up and drank the cod liver oil, and then enjoyed the cake. We still can't pinpoint what is going on with his skin. He came home with some severe scratch marks, red blothes, and of course his cheeks were red. I wish we didn't have to wait until July to get his test results to see if there is something evident causing an allergic reaction.

We attended Ryan's annual review today. We're happy to report that he will maintain the current services he is receiving, and then some. He will continue his program through the summer, and for the fall his program was increased from 1/2 a day to a full day (5 hours). He will also continue with speech services, and they added O/T and group counseling.

I was very touched by yesterday's blog. I received several emails from people commending me for what I do for Ryan. The truth is I wouldn't be able to do even half of it without the support of my husband, family, friends, and colleagues. And let's not forget the wonderful people who help Ryan all day long while we're at work. All of you motivate and inspire us. We're so grateful for the people in our lives. Thank you for helping us help our little boy!

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment