Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 21

New foods. Tonight I made GFCF pizza for the first time. Granted, I bought the dough premade, but I've been wanting to try it to see if Ryan would eat it so I thought tonight was a good night to try it out. I topped it with fresh tomato sauce and a Vegan tofu "mozzarella" cheese. The cheese melted and got all bubbly and tasted really close to the real thing. Ryan walked through the door and immediately noticed the smell of the pizza cooking. And he said, "Mommy, you're making pizza?" So I felt good that it at least smelled like real pizza. And he ate it and I think he liked it. He asked for a second helping. He certainly didn't eat as much as he would have prior to this diet but he ate it. And we ate it too. Well, not all of us. Julia took one little bite and announced that she didn't like it. She has no filter! But it was okay because it didn't stop him from eating it.

Next task was to make a GFCF cake because we are celebrating Ryan's birthday on Sunday. I had good intentions to do it tonight, but it was a very exhausting and emotional day and I need to walk away from the computer and rest. Tomorrow is another day!

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment