Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 22

Ryan attended a birthday party today and did great in regards to food. He sat at the table and watched kids grabbing at pretzels and cheese doodles. He didn't reach out his hand at all. I could tell he wanted some, but he didn't touch them. He looked at me first and asked if it was okay for him to eat them. I told him I would give him a special snack and he was fine eating something different. That is basically what happened for lunch and birthday cake. When they were passing out the pieces of ice cream cake he announced that he wanted his special cake. I wonder if he is okay with all of this because he recognizes that it makes him feel better. Wow! I am so proud of him!

We are celebrating Ryan's birthday in conjunction with Mother's Day tomorrow (he'll be 4 on Wednesday). Our immediate family will be here to help us celebrate. I made a GFCF chocolate cake and vanilla frosting. Ryan was excited to watch me make it and is looking forward to his pirate birthday party. The cake looks like a typical birthday cake but it isn't as tall; the cake cooked on the flatter side. Now I just hope it tastes okay and everyone doesn't mind eating it. I figured on his birthday he shouldn't need to have something different from everyone else and ask for his "special" cake. We're all going to eat Ryan's cake.

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment