Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 40

It is amazing to us that we have been at this for 40 days and looking back at all the progress it is nothing but amazing. On the drive home today Dawn and I both commented how calm they were in the back of the car and that they were sharing Ryan's snacks. Before this diet, the car ride home was always a stressful situation and sharing food was out of the question. We have come a long way and if you told me that 40 days ago this is were we would be, I would have thought that you were crazy.

Tonight for dinner was organic chicken, rice, and special ketchup. Which he ate well until he noticed Julia putting rice into her straw and thought that was too good to pass up! Vegetables have always been an issue with our children. Well, not an issue, they just do not eat them. Tonight Ryan wanted carrots. So I gave him one and thought that I would be finding the partially chewed carrot somewhere in the living room. However, this time it was different. He ate the one, then went into to refrigerator, took the rest of the container to his seat, and proceeded to eat the rest of the carrots. I do not think I have seen him eat this many vegetables since he was a little baby.

Like, I said, it has been 40 days and this diet is working wonders with Ryan. I can not imagine what the next 40 days will bring for him.

PC

1 comment:

  1. soy beans...steamed, sprinkled with a little salt. It's the ONLY vegetable Michaela will eat. I'm glad things have been going so well with the diet!

    Daria

    ReplyDelete