Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 67

Success!  We finally got Wappingers to agree to give Ryan OT twice a week for the summer.  I still can not believe that we had to go through all these hoops to get them to agree to grant OT for seven weeks.  What an ordeal but we did receive a lot of help in the forms of letters of support from his current OT person, his pediatrician, and original neurologist.  It finally took us emailing, faxing, and calling the chair of the CPSE and threating to have a full meeting with attorneys to get them to finally agree that a child with Autism need OT over the summer.  I am sure that we have a mark in Ryan's folder at Wappingers that we are one of those parents.  But we are ok with that.  It really pays to be persistent and if you want something you have to fight for it.  But it was getting a bit much!

Ryan had a good day today.  He let Dawn finish getting his hair cut and when I walked into the house from graduation he ran right up to me to tell me that he missed me.  He also told me that he liked my red shirt that I was wearing.  Dawn reported that he still had a few meltdowns but he was easier to calm down.  We really don't know what the issue has been but we have a feeling that we will be dealing with this for a while.

PC

No comments:

Post a Comment