Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 48

How do you get a 4 year old with a language delay to understand that it is okay for him to share his food with others, but he can't have their food? During the ride home today Ryan and Julia were snacking on pretzels. At one point they started to share their pretzels with each other. Ryan didn't understand why he was allowed to give Julia one of his pretzels, but Julia wasn't allowed to give him one of hers. The temporary fix: No sharing food at all. This rule came after Ryan ate a couple of Julia's pretzels. It's a bit difficult trying to manage what they are doing in the backseat while driving on the Taconic.

After Ryan's bath tonight I clipped his fingernails. It took about two minutes and he waited patiently until I finished. I remember when grooming activities used to be more difficult for us. When he was younger one of us would have to hold him down to clip his nails. He used to flip out as soon as he saw the clipper! Now he takes it all in stride.

Just tonight I realized that I could add pictures and video to the blog entry! I went back and edited a half a dozen blog entries and added pictures to them. I'm adding a video to this blog. It was taken over Memorial Weekend. Ryan is learning how to drive my dad's bulldozer. He has always been fascinated seeing the bulldozer when we are upstate visiting my parents, but he was not crazy about its loud sound. But this time he was okay with it and spent about 10 minutes riding around on it. He really enjoyed the ride, especially when he got to use the lever to raise and lower the front bucket.

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment