Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 4

Two noteable events happened today. The first happened as I was driving to work. Here I am driving down the Taconic with Ryan and Julia in the backseat and they are arguing because Julia (2 years old) is asking Ryan (3 years old) to share his cereal with her. Ryan is suprisingly content eating his GF cereal out of a baggie and didn't want to share, but he decides to give her some. When she put her waffle down to grab the bag of cereal, he scooped up the remainder of her waffle and shoved it in his mouth. I yelled "no" but it was too late. I looked at him through the rear view mirror, with his mouth stuffed with waffle, and his eyes welled up with tears. His lips turned into a frown and he was about to cry. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to spit the waffle out or continue chewing. He eagerly waited for me to say something; I truly believe he was about to cry because he didn't want to disappoint me. I assured him it was okay and he could finish chewing. He didn't end up crying, or choking, or spitting out the waffle, but he did end up arguing with her the rest of the ride because she kept on insisting that his cereal was "yucky".

The second event was visiting Mrs. Green's in Mahopac after work. Another expensive shopping visit but I was pleased with the selection and had a great experience in the store. The employees were so helpful and it wasn't crowded. I was able to find lots of things to bring home and try, and for the first time I felt like an accomplished shopper!

I do have to share that I feel extremely guilty leaving for Washington for three days. We're still novices at this and now Phil will have to do this on his own while I'm away. I've asked him to keep up with the blog while I'm away!

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment