Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 11

Frustration and a smelly living room! Our order from Kirkman Labs came today. Ryan's new sunscreen arrived, as well as liquid hand soap, and two trial sizes of cod liver oil. Several people have suggested trying cod liver oil, so we thought we'd give it a shot. Ryan thought he'd give it a shot too (literally)... one sniff and he shot it right out of the syringe and all over the wall in my living room. Yuck! Chaos ensued and here I am looking at a fish oil-splattered wall.

To make things worse, Ryan's cheeks were red most of the day today. I printed some articles about phenols. Bananas have high concentrations of phenols and considering all of the bananas he ate the other day, he may crave foods with phenols. I don't know if this is the cause, but I'm not sure what else it could be. His skin isn't as soft as it was last week and the improvements we were seeing with his skin have stopped and have started to reverse. I don't know if we are doing something wrong with the diet, or if he is sneaking in "bad" foods at daycare. It is extremely frustrating not knowing and it makes it difficult to fix the problem.

Phil developed a bad case of the gout in his left knee a few days ago and it is still not fully healed. His doctor believes stress brought it on. I'm also feeling a high level of stress. My mind is working overtime trying to process the enormous amount of information out there and while we're seeing improvements in some areas, we're still experiencing a lot of frustration.

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment