Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 13

Anyone trying this diet should read the book "The Autism & ADHD Diet" by Barrie Silberberg. It is informative, descriptive, and thorough. I unfortunately can't find the time to make some of the recipes available in the book, but maybe this summer. If we can keep this up until the summer. After tonight I feel like quitting.

I was finally able to get Ryan to step on the scale this afternoon. He has lost 4 pounds since we started the diet almost 2 weeks ago. I know this is not a detrimental weight loss but it is noticeable, especially in his face. His skin is still red and blotchy and he is constantly scratching it.

He didn't eat a lot today; his appetite is not what it used to be. He was uncooperative taking his supplements, and without Phil here to help me tonight, I was unable to get him to take it. I was so frustrated with him and his behavior that I had my own meltdown.

He still won't drink the milk. If I could go back and change something when starting this diet, it would be the way we handled the milk switch. We should have started by using a mix of 25% milk alternative with 75% regular milk and then when he got used to it, start slowly tipping the scales towards 100% milk substitute. Now I'm afraid he won't ever want to try the milk.

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment