Sunday, July 22, 2012

Baby Jack

Jack Philip Campbell was born on Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 1:58 pm.  He weighed 8 pounds and 4 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.








When I look at this picture it is difficult to hold back the tears.  It touches my heart to see how proud Ryan is to be a big brother.  I've never seen him smile so much and so genuinely like when he looks at and talks about Jack.
Proud Big Brother

I think it was tough on Ryan these past few days not having Phil and I home.  Phil is the one who I can rely on, and Ryan relies on, to bring him out of a meltdown.  He had a few while we weren't home and also our first day back.  Even though he was mostly around close family members, he acted up more than usual, probably because of the changes going on around him and being a little off schedule.  He worries so much about things that his nerves got the better of him.

But at the same time, Ryan has also matured so much over the past four days.  His conversations with me are unlike any I've had with him.  He asks all sorts of mature questions about Jack and about my experience in the hospital.  For example, one morning when we called home to see how things were going he asked me if I slept well the night before.  Caring about someone else's feelings, and asking them about them, is a big step for Ryan.  

The kids were very excited to welcome their little brother home and made him special cards.  Video: 
Welcome Home Baby Jack




Julia, Alyssa, Amelia, Jack, and Ryan

DC


No comments:

Post a Comment