Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 25

After weeks of forcing injections into Ryan with heartaches and tears, this week we reached a milestone.  On Friday night he took injection #17 without tears!  I gave him the injection all by myself.  Phil was doing something with Julia and I encouraged Ryan to do the injection and go surprise daddy.  Ryan adores Phil and of course wanted to surprise him and impress him.  So he turned over and let me do itOnce the medicine was in (when the burning part begins) his lips quivered and he wanted to cry, but he held back the tears.  We were SO PROUD of him and made a big deal about it.  He was proud of himself, as shown in this video (which I've watched at least 5 times a day since then!).

I am also very excited about meeting Jesse Saperstein on Saturday 10/23.  Jesse is a young man with Asperger's.  He lives in Pleasant Valley, NY and will be visiting Mahopac Library to share his life story and promote his book, which he will have for sale at the library for $10.  His book is called Atypical- Life with Asperger's in 20 1/3 Chapters.  The session begins at 2pm and ends at 3:30pm.  Registration is requested by calling the library or signing up online at the Mahopac Library website.  I want to bring Ryan with me but I'm not sure he'll sit for the 90 minutes and I don't want to take the chance that I'll miss part of it.  If anyone wants to join me, let me know.  Here's a link with more information about Jesse and his book:
Asperger’s from the Inside Out: Jesse Saperstein's Myth-Shattering New Book

In summary, Ryan had an excellent week at school and at home.  On Friday he was chosen by his teachers to take home the class teddy bear.  It came with a journal and Ryan brought Teddy around with him all weekend and we wrote about it in the journal. 















Over the weekend we took the kids with us for a quick bite to eat to celebrate our anniversary, and we went to a family dinner to celebrate my grandmother's birthday.  Between daycare and preschool he participated in several days of class and individual pictures.  Here's a couple of pictures I took the morning of one of the picture days. 
 
Ryan loves his Curious George!






Julia ADORES her big brother.
DC

No comments:

Post a Comment