Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 55 - Happy Mother's Day!

What it means to me to be Ryan's mommy...

-Never knowing what mood I will find Ryan in, but always knowing that I can eventually get him to smile.  And what a smile it is!
-Constantly worrying!  Worrying about his well being, worrying if I'm doing everything I can for him, worrying about his future.
-Tired and busy, yet grateful he's in my life.
-Happy and blessed to feel his love.

Mother's Day Tea at Noah's Ark where I was given handmade gifts and homemade treats!















And Ryan came home from PARC with a card with the following statements answered by him. 

My mom's name is: mom
She is special because: she makes me dinner
I like when my mom: tickles my nose
My mom can do many things!  I think she's best at... her paperwork
My mom is really funny!  She always makes me laugh by...making her funny faces
My mom is as pretty as a... mom
My mom is smart!  She even knows... how to talk on the phone
I'd like to tell my mom...I love her!

Some I got such a good chuckle about and I really enjoyed reading it!  But do you want to know what my best gift was?




Remember this picture taken in March?

Taken May 8, 2011 - The BEST Mother's Day gift ever!
I don't think it is one particular thing that has caused this improvement in his skin but rather a combination of things.  For one, Ryan has been taking showers rather than baths lately.  And afterwards we continue coat his legs with the almond oil.  And during the past week we've been using the new supplement called Glutomine Plus Powder that we mentioned in last week's blog, and have not been giving him his B12 injections.  We're happy to see the improvement and feel the improvement... his skin is so much softer!

Ryan had a pretty bad ear infection this week and needs ear drops twice a day for a week.  His tube is still in his left ear where the infection occurred and if it doesn't fall out soon we'll need to have it surgically removed.  He goes back to the ENT in June for another checkup. 

We had a great Mother's Day in the Campbell family!  Here's a picture of one of my gifts... a blue heart glass necklace with sparkled pieces inside of the glass in the shape of puzzle pieces.  It is part of a collection by a jeweler who donates part of the proceeds towards the fight against Autism.


My other gift I am using to type this blog... a new laptop, my very first laptop!  Much needed and appreciated!

Our moms also enjoyed their gifts and spending time with the kids today.




Getting bored of the same old posts each week?  Getting tired of hearing our side of the story?  Well...

We have some special posts coming up this week in honor of Ryan's 5th birthday.  Be sure to check back each day!  And for those of you who own a Ryan Express shirt, please wear it on Thursday, May 12th for Ryan's big day!

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment