Monday, May 9, 2011

A Message from Uncle T

Blue was always my favorite color growing up.  Maybe it was because of the Hoot Rod or for the Mets and Rangers or the C-D Mustangs, but recently the color blue has an even more important meaning to me.  A little over a year ago I was asked by the Madison Square Garden Public Relations department if Radio City Music Hall would be able to participate in the annual “Light it up Blue” campaign for Autism Awareness.  I didn’t know too much about Autism but it seemed like an amazing joint effort which would include many famous landmark buildings around the world.  I went to work with our lighting department who would design and assemble a series of gelled lights to create a blue wall wash above the famous 6th Avenue marquee of Radio City on Autism Awareness Day.  Soon after the initial request to participate in “Light it up Blue”, I learned that my Godson was diagnosed with Autism.  Suddenly I realized that the effort I was making for the many people affected by Autism was much closer to my heart than I originally thought.  I’m proud to say that for the past two years Radio City has continued its support of Autism Awareness and I am honored and proud to participate for my Godson Ryan. Happy Birthday.



Love always,

Uncle T

















5/12/06











5/12/10


















TF













No comments:

Post a Comment