Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Baby Emma Has Arrived!

We are happy to share that our family welcomed a new addition last week.  Emma Jeanne Campbell was born on November 6, 2013 at 2:51 p.m.  She weighed 9 pounds, 5.5 ounces, and was 21 inches long.  We never thought we would have a baby larger than Ryan, but then came Emma!

I'll spare you all of the details about the birth and my last month of pregnancy and the complications making it necessary for me to be induced because Emma wasn't coming on her own.  Let's skip right to the pictures of our new angel...

One day old... so alert and adorable!

First picture with mommy

First picture with daddy

My four angels!

Emma's first day home.
Ryan and Julia absolutely adore Emma and shower her with kisses.  Their teachers said that they proudly showed their classmates a picture of her the day after she was born and have been very excited about having a baby sister.  Jack is very intrigued with this new little person who has taken over some of the space and objects he once knew as his own.  We're doing our best to keep all of the children happy but that isn't always the end result.  On my third day home from the hospital I found Ryan crying on the couch and when I asked him what was wrong he said that nobody in the family loved him and that everyone just loves Jack and Emma.  It broke my heart.  We have seen him a bit defiant these past few days, probably seeking attention from us, and I hope this change in his behavior is short-lived as my energy is already so drained.

We're taking one day at a time as we learn how to make it work as a family of six.  This is all so new and the change from 3 to 4 kids, especially with Jack being so young, has been a challenge.  I know it will get better but I think it will get harder before it gets better and we'll go through a learning curve these next couple of months.  I'm not looking forward to the sleep deprivation, but it is a small sacrifice for a lifetime of loving Emma.

Stepping back to a week before Emma was born, here are some other pictures of the kids.
Our Star Wars clan

Celebrating nonna's birthday

Jack moved up to the toddler room at his day care
DC

No comments:

Post a Comment