Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 134

With this being Veteran's Day and schools closed tomorrow, today didn't feel like a Sunday.  Here it is after 10 pm and I realized I didn't post a blog entry today.

Here is my sweet boy proudly displaying his first religious education test.  He scored a 95.  He explained to us that he only got one "x" and it was for question #17.  He didn't answer the question.  It was a unit test covering 7 chapters in his textbook.  We studied a half an hour the night before and another half an hour the morning of the test.  He was patient and willing to put in the time.  And his hard work paid off!  We made a big deal about the test and praised him for his hard work.


The kids had off from school on Election Day, and we had a great time playing together.  Here is a video of the dance party we had.  Jack was thrilled to sit on my lap and watch his brother and sister dance around.  Sometimes it is the silliest things that bring the biggest smiles :)

Dance Party

I hope you had a good laugh watching them.  I watched this video over and over again; it is hysterical! I can't get over what a ham Ryan is and how sophisticated Julia is.

Update on Julia... She continues to dance and sing during any free moment she has.  Ballet, Irish Step Dancing, free style, tap, she does it all!

Here's a video of her practicing her Irish Step Dancing.  Irish Step Dancing

Also, Julia scored a hat trick in last weekend's soccer game and did the same in yesterday's soccer game.  Ryan seems totally fine hearing praises to Julia for her excellent work on the soccer field.  I think if it was last year, he would have been upset because he wasn't scoring goals.  But this year he is not jealous of his sister and he isn't upset that he isn't scoring goals.  He is a better defensive player and he seems to accept that there are some players on the field that are there to score the goals and some that are there to prevent the other team from scoring goals.  We're so proud of him!

And an update on Baby Jack... We think he is teething.  He had a rough few days this week but seemed to be handling things better this weekend.  Jack loves to watch Ryan and Julia and is intrigued with the world around him.  He is three and half months old and about 16 pounds already.  I'm really enjoying my time home with him and sad that it is going by so fast.  When I sit and play with him, his smiles and giggles melt my heart!

We've been involved this week with a collection for the children impacted by Hurricane Sandy.  I'm collecting backpacks with supplies for the children in some of the hard hit areas.  So many friends and family members have been donating brand new backpacks filled with school supplies and other items.  We're hoping to collect 100 backpacks and are close to our goal.  I will post a picture next week of all of the backpacks before we deliver them.  We turned one of the rooms in our house into the "backpack" room and Ryan and Julia have been helping me organize supplies.
Within only 2 days of spreading the word about the collection, we received a dozen backpacks! We now have over 30 and are expecting about 60 more, most of those coming from a collection done at Mahopac Middle School.
It is nice to know that there are so many generous and caring people in our lives!  I'm proud to have so much support and that we can do something nice for those kids.  And I'm so glad I can involve my own children in this learning experience called humanity.

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment