Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 68

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

This week Ryan attended his first baseball game. We went to see the Renegades at Dutchess Stadium for an early celebration of my dad's birthday. We let Ryan eat things he normally wouldn't, like Cracker Jacks and regular ice cream. He was so excited to be there, especially since two of his cousins were there too. And the four kids rode in the car with Tommy and Beckie so they had a ball altogether! After the game there were fireworks and Ryan didn't even cover his ears. Below I included a picture of him in awe during the fireworks show, but most of the time he was smiling and saying, "This is so cool!"



Enjoying his "real" ice cream!





7th inning stretch...




Within the past month Ryan has went from standing in the shallow end with swimmies on to jumping off the diving board with no swimmies on.  His first jump was on the morning of August 1st.  He was so proud of himself!  Here's a picture of his first jump and a video of his second jump.





 Ryan's sunflower that he planted at PARC is doing so well, it now has multiple flowers budding!

Ryan's cousin, Amelia, came for a sleepover.  They will be attending the same school in the fall when he enters Kindergarten.  She'll be going into second grade.  The next morning during breakfast Amelia says, "If anyone bothers Ryan, he just has to tell me and I'll take care of it."  How funny!  They are so protective of each other!

Technically Ryan can't use the goggles because he won't go under the water, but he still likes to wear them.  I tried to get him to hold his nose and go under, and he was going to attempt it but chickened out at the last minute.  When he's ready he'll do it.  But I do want to share something funny that he said when he was trying to convince himself to put his face in the water.  "I wish I had a wall here (pointing to his nose) instead of two holes!"

I made Ryan a new brand of pancakes called 1-2-3 Gluten Free.  Even though it isn't an egg free recipe and it takes me extra time to modify the directions to make it egg free, I like them better than the Cherrybrook brand.  The kids like when I use the heart shape mold, and of course I always add GFCF mini chocolate chips to the batter. 
Ryan's pancakes with a side of fresh blackberries from papa's garden.
DC



1 comment:

  1. I love all these stories! Dawn, do you think Ryan would wear nose plugs to go underwater? That's the only way I would go under water when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete