Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 65

It is already late Sunday night and after spending a good portion of the day with the kids in the pool, I'm exhausted.  So this week's blog is going to be short and sweet. 

Ryan had a great week with lots of different people.  He participated in cookie day, pizza day, and arts and crafts day at camp.  We went to our friend Donna's pool and Ryan did a nice job socializing with her and her family.  While upstate at my parents' house, Phil's friend Kim came for a visit and although Ryan didn't remember him, he was not shy at all.  He spent a lot of time with him in the pool.  Then the next day Ryan interacted with my great Aunt Teresa and Uncle Mario.  It's nice to see him not shy away from people as much as he used to. 

I'd also like to share a quick story.  Ryan and Julia were sitting at the table with company eating an ice cream treat.  Ryan finished his and asked for more.  It was close to bedtime and I really didn't want to give him more.  But I also didn't want him to have a meltdown in front of everyone, because as many of you know, Ryan has a difficult time dealing with situations where he doesn't get his way.  So I say to him, "You know Ryan, you really had a lot of ice cream already, do you think that was enough or do you really need more?"  And he calmly says to me, "Okay, I had enough."  Oh my goodness, boy was I SHOCKED!  I couldn't believe it; I was so proud of him.  For those of you who know Ryan, you can appreciate what a big deal this is and how far he has come.

Below are a few pictures from this week.  Enjoy!

Ryan having fun in nonna and papa's pool.

Ryan and Julia attacking Kim!
 
Ryan with Ms. Jessie at camp.

Enjoying his GFCF pizza on Pizza Day at camp.
 
Our little monkey!
DC

No comments:

Post a Comment