Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 38

I made a GFCF egg free pizza today.  This was my second attempt at doing this from scratch and this time it came out much better than last time.  I think over the months I've certainly improved my GFCF cooking techniques.  I'm usually an impatient baker but you really need to slow down when cooking GFCF items and follow the directions carefully.  There aren't many shortcuts you can take.  If an ingredient works better if it is at room temperature, then you need to be patient, and plan far enough ahead, to make sure it is at room temperature.  Here is the pizza cooking in the oven.  It smelled yummy and Ryan was very excited!


Here's a video of Ryan eating the pizza; he ate two slices!


And here's one of Julia too.  She liked it until she found a piece of basil in the sauce and flipped out!



Ryan's skin continues to get smoother each day.  On most days we give him the oils in the morning and the evening.  I shouldn't really say "we" since Phil is usually the one who takes care of the oils.  Phil has also been the one to give Ryan his injections lately.  We've had a bit of a setback in the injection department.  Ryan now gets himself all worked up like he used to, and the process usually takes about 15-20 minutes because he stalls and makes excuses, and changes seats and positions a dozen times before we firmly tell him this is it or we're holding him down.  I'm not sure why the sudden change back to what it was since he was doing so well.  But now whether it's me giving the injections, or Phil, Ryan tries his best to avoid them.

A funny little story to share... Ryan looking in the mirror says: "Mom, I'm getting big.  Soon I'm gonna go to college."  (For those of you familiar with it, I think he's been watching Toy Story 3 a bit too much!)  Speaking of Toy Story 3, we had a visit from Angela and Michael this weekend and the kids had a ball playing with their Toy Story characters with them.



We had a snow day on Friday.  Here are some pictures of the kids (and Phil) frolicking in the snow on Saturday.
The faster, the better!

Looks like Ryan took a snowball in the face, but this was him trying to throw the snowball at Phil.

Getting ready to surprise Julia with a snowball!

Attempting to make a snowman. 

Poor daddy got his workout today!
And don't worry, I got plenty of action with the kids this week too.  Here's a shot of Ryan and I snuggling on the couch.  He's pretending to be Frosty with a fake pipe in his mouth!

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment